WHAT IS THE SEYMOUR WE WANT?
The Seymour We Want Inc (TSWW) is a not-for-profit group, run by volunteers, which encourages positive community development throughout the Seymour area. Its mission is to be a developing community which is environmentally, socially, economically and culturally attuned and fulfilling.
‘Community Development’ is more than ‘bricks and mortar’ or the physical infrastructure of a community – it’s about people – and enhancing the social wellbeing of all residents, now, and in the future.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Seymour We Want Inc works within a community development framework and aims to build on initiatives driven by the community and articulated by them in the ‘Seymour 2015’ Community Plan (2005) and the 'Bright Ideas' Community Project (2012) for building a better Seymour.
It is run by volunteers with a committee of management elected annually. General meetings are held throughout the year.
Our AGM will be held on 22nd March, 2016 at Chittick Place in Pollard St, at 7:00pm. All are welcome.
This year we will have Gail Hardman, Principal of Seymour College and we will be having our updated on-line Directory for you to peruse and ensure your business, organisation and community service details are correct.
WHAT DO WE DO?
TSWW supports local community groups and individuals in achieving their goals, leading to a better Seymour, within the framework of the ‘Seymour 2015’ Community Plan and the 'Bright Ideas' Community Project. Some of the support we offer:
- Assessable Community Information
- Creating connections with local groups
- Circulating information about up and coming events
- Practical assistance to local community groups
- Writing letters of support for funding applications
- Holding forums to discuss local community issues
- Submitting funding applications
- Produce the "What's Happening in Seymour and Surrounds e-newsletter"
- Produce a Community Directory
- Run a Facebook page
WHO CAN BE INVOLVED?
- Any local community member!
- Membership is only $10 per calendar year.
- And remember, a strong membership base gives the community a powerful voice in the direction of Seymour’s future. Please use our Contact Us page to request a membership application.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO MAKE A BETTER SEYMOUR?
Your involvement makes “The Seymour You Want” possible.
- Join The Seymour We Want.
- Help to the level you feel you are able; whether it is standing for committee, attending general meetings or simply being involved in our community workshops.
- "Like" us on Facebook. You can post a comment that helps build a better Seymour
- Or join other community service groups that have community support as a core value
- Support community events by attending or promoting same.
- Lend a hand at community action days like tree plantings, working bees or other activities which make for engaged and supportive community.